Vendors play an integral part in most businesses. However, there is a flip side to using a Vendor. There are risks associated by using third party suppliers and other service providers. Vendor Management Software provides an integrated solution to managing the risks associated with a Vendor. When Vendors are used by a business, it could possibly be exposed to Software risks emanating from the Vendor’s operations. Malware could cripple the business and by using Vendor Management Software, such risks can be assessed and remedial action taken.
In addition to the risk factors being analyzed using the Vendor Management Software, the Software helps to control and reduce IT costs, maintain high standards of ADM services etc.
Vendor Management Software usually comprises of several applications/assessments to formulate a risk based approach when dealing with a Vendor. The risk factors can be assessed by using inbuilt questionnaires or by using modified questionnaires. By using the Vendor Management Software, it is also possible to create an entirely new questionnaire by using the ‘Questions Library’ included in the software. These assessments can be carried out by using a secure web-based environment and can be linked to e-mails. By using Vendor Management Software the business is protecting itself from the risks associated with the Vendor but at the same time benefiting from the Vendor’s services.
Some of the benefits of using Vendor Software Management are:
- The entire business can have a central registry of Vendors, making monitoring easy
- Standardized risk assessment of Vendors
- The entire process is seamless, smooth and fast
- Competitive bidding among Vendors is possible which leads to lower costs
- Job standardization is possible which leads to uniformity and lower costs
- The entire job process is managed from beginning to end from one place
- Any shortfalls/problems can be detected and rectified quickly
- Risks from all types of Vendors can be kept to a minimum and remedial action taken in real-time
By using Vendor Management Software, it is possible to determine if the work done by Vendors, meets quality standards specified in contracts. The Software also enables management to assess performance parameters, efficiency of operations of Vendors and determine if timelines have been adhered to. This gives management better control and lowers cost of operations.
It has become the standard global practice, due to governmental regulations, to oversee the operations of the supply chain and third party dealings.Vendor Management Software plays an important part in keeping the business compliant with the best practices prevailing in the industry.