Daylight Saving Time Here – Time to Change Fire Alarm Batteries
Jay Pillai, Ph.D. Posted on March 14, 2016
I know this may be repetitive, but it is very important. Do not wait for fire alarm low battery alarm to go off to change batteries. Do it when we change time from standard to day light saving. I encourage each of you to do the following when ever we change time.
- Replace fire alarm batteries
- Clean surface of fire alram
- Test to make sure new batteries are functional
- Have a family meeting and discuss fire safety including escape routes, and locations of fire extinguishers.
- Decide who will lead kids and pets to safety.
- Involve kids in all discussions. They will become fire safety sensitive. Discuss fire safety in general and caution against things like playing with matches etc,
After a family discussion or changing batteries I would always take the kids out for ice cream. Believe me when I say that the kids never let me forget to change the battery and the anticipated trip to the ice cream parlor! Changes those batteries now.
Categories: Family disaster plan, Fire